Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My final posting EXCEPT...

Hello from NH! Got in last evening to be greeted by a very excited dog! All freshly groomed! We bought him a new squeeky toy on the way home as it turned out he ate his last one.

Before leaving NYC, I visited the United Nations and took the tour. An interesting fact here. NYC spends more than $2 Billion on security for NYC. That, minus the PeaceKeeping forces, is MORE than the ENTIRE budget of the UN. Also, did you know that the International Court at the Hague is part of the UN? Did you know that the International Court is a holdover from the League of Nations?

I also visited Ground Zero in NYC before leaving the city. Not a lot to see per se except the huge amount of building and continuing demolition going on. Still, I found it very powerful to stand there and attempt to envision the moment on September 11, 2001. Toured a nearby [very very nearby] St. Paul's Chapel where there was an exhibit set up on that time. Simple but powerful. Made me wonder about the low budget of the UN all over again.

Easy ride home. Disoriented when we walked in and just walked around for about an hour....so funny. Even the dog wondered about us! My deep love and thanks to my wife for her willingness to spend 2 months in a small metal container and enjoy and share the country with me. Onto our next adventure!

I will post the link to the photos when we get them done so check the blog in about a week.
Good to be home!

Love, Matt

Matt

Matt